Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Feeling of Accomplishment

Today has been such a great day so far. I got to hang out with Eileen Carr and Rachel for a few hours. We went to a mall and looked in different stores for a while. I’m not usually much of a shopper, but today was fun. I didn’t really want to buy anything yet, but at one store I went to, I was able to buy a shirt for about $3. I think when it comes to shopping here scarves are going to be my weakness. There are so many cute ones here.

After we looked at a bunch of stores, we went to the food court where we decided to eat at KFC. Rachel and I both ordered in Russian for the first time. It was great, and the girl taking our order seemed to like that we were attempting to speak Russian and wants us to come back. After that we went to a grocery store in the mall and got stuff for baking muffins. So we went back to the apartment and made some chocolate chip muffins. They were so good. I definitely feel accomplished today.


I’m getting ready to head to an English club where I’ll get to see some of my friends and hopefully meet some new ones.
This was hanging out at Kelly's apartment for a movie night. Afterwards most of just just walked around town and got to know each other better.


I’m really enjoying being here. God has given me so many opportunities to meet people just in random situations, like at the bank or KFC. And I will meet even more when I start school sometime next week.

Glory to God for the things He has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment