Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down in My Heart

Yesterday has to be one of my favorite days here so far. I was sick for a lot of it- I have a cold. But there were a few things that happened that made me forget that I was even sick.

Every Tueday Rachel and I go to the Carr's apartment after school and are there through dinner. I love being there because they have become like family. I went home last night with a feeling that the day had gone pretty well. I was happy.

Not long after we got home, our landlady came by to get our rent money, and her babushka (grandmother) came with her. She spoke to us a little bit in English and invited us over some day for chai. This made us so happy that we have decided that she is our babushka now.

Now to the best part! Heather, who is like a sister to us, accepted Christ yesterday!!! It acutally happened while Rachel and I were meeting with Chris, but we didn't find out until we got home that night. That doesn't really matter, though. She is now a follower of Christ! I am so excited for her and to see what the Lord has in store for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment